ASI's murder in broad daylight Later the attacker committed suicide

New Delhi. An ASI was shot dead by unknown miscreants in broad daylight in the country's capital Delhi. There is also news of one other person being injured. A Delhi Police official said that another pedestrian was injured by the bullet on Tuesday. He said that after the incident the attacker committed suicide by shooting himself. The deceased ASI has been identified as Dinesh Sharma, while the injured has been identified as Amit Kumar, who is undergoing treatment at GTB Hospital.
Police said Sharma was posted with the Special Branch of Delhi Police and was traveling on his motorcycle when the incident occurred on the Meet Nagar flyover. According to the police, a police control room (PCR) call regarding the incident that took place on the Meet Nagar flyover was received at Nand Nagari police station at 11:42 am on Tuesday, following which a police team reached the spot. After reaching the spot, Sharma and Kumar were taken to GTB Hospital, where doctors declared Sharma brought dead. Kumar was shot from behind on his waist and was traveling on his scooter on the Meet Nagar flyover at the time of the incident.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northeast) Joy Tirkey said Mukesh, the accused who shot both Sharma and Kumar, forcibly got into an auto-rickshaw and when the auto-rickshaw driver protested, he opened fire on the driver, who managed to escape. being successful. The DCP said that after this it seems that Mukesh, sitting in the rear passenger seat of the auto-rickshaw, shot himself in the head. He was declared brought dead at GTB hospital. There are two wounds on his head, one at the entrance on the right side and the other at the exit on the left side of the head.
Pistol found in auto-rickshaw
The DCP said a 7.65 mm pistol was found on the back seat of the auto-rickshaw and several live rounds and empty shells were also found at three places on the flyover. The DCP said, 'The reason behind the murder is not yet known and a case of murder and attempt to murder under the Arms Act is being registered at Jyoti Nagar police station.'